Summer. It has been a busy summer so far. Our days go by quickly because we are outside most of the time. And when we are outside, it always involves water. So when we get home and get dinner and baths out of the way, we are all exhausted. Me especially. Being 16 weeks along will do that to you.
Another reason it has seemed like a busy summer is because we have been going to Waco whenever Dave isn't working. My sweet and incredible mother-in-law is in the last stages of cancer. While it is difficult to see, it has been such a source of strength to me as I watch Dave's family deal with this emotional time. All of their testimonies in the gospel are so strong that it is helping them deal with it so well. I can't put it into words very well, but it has made my testimony grow. While it is a sad and devastating time, they are still so upbeat through it all. (At least, that is what I have seen. I know they are putting on brave faces for me.) We will miss Ellen, and I am so grateful for the things I have learned from her in the short time I've known her. And because we know we will see her again, it is such a great comfort to us and our kids.
This is life while living with a 4 year old boy. The dinosaurs are feasting on the Zuzu pets. (I was secretly impressed with his creativity. And I thought to myself that maybe I'm letting him watch too many dinosaur shows on the National Geographic channel.)
I love her hair. The curls especially.
Blake's idea of getting ready for church involves putting on every necklace she owns.
3 comments:
"playing so well together...." That is so not fair. You could send some of whatever you're feeding them over here so my kids could "play so well together". Please.
Yes, Blake's hair is gorgeous. :) She needs her 2 older cousins to style it & paint her nails for her (again, when are you coming to visit? Hint-hint....David? Where are you? You need to read this!!)
So sorry to hear about Dave's Mom. Please know that our prayers are with you as well as his family.
The picture of Blake's hair is just how Kari's used to be at that age. :) Now if I could just get her to mind me like she used to way back then! We miss you, Dave and your adorable babies...isn't it about time for a NW visit??? Tell Dave I'll make him jello?
Thanks Chelsea. I think you're awesome, and I'm so glad you're my sister-in-law.
Post a Comment