Yes, that sign is real. We were in east TX, only 45 minutes away from Louisiana.
The kids did a little put-put golfing.
Blake just cut to the chase with the whole "hitting the ball with club" thing.
Their dog, Schnoozer, was one of the most patient dogs I had ever met. Can you tell? I think he was the highlight of Blake's trip. All weekend long you could hear her calling, "Doggie? Doggie? Where are you?"
The idea here was to have to kids throw the rocks in the water...
which turned into this...
which then turned into this.
This picture is proof Noelle and I were there. I was (calmly) discovering I had a huge dragonfly on my foot.
Dragonfly-free. Uh, why do I take pictures in this part of pregnancy? No baby bump yet. Just enough there to leave people wondering why a chubby girl is wearing such a tight shirt.
Cameron being adorable. I love her hair - perfect ringlets.
Bentley eating his hot dog "Bear Grylls-style". (By the way - having a camp fire in 95 degree heat sounds a lot better before you actually do it. It was all for the kids.)
Blake took a turn behind the camera. She's working on her aiming skills.
Ah, vacations. When anything goes for breakfast. In B's case, it was capri sun and cinnamon toast crunch.
Views like this one made me think I was back in WA or OR. Until I stepped out into the 95 degree heat with 90% humidity.
The community that the cabin was in had a firework show along the lake. It was perfect.
This is where we stopped on the way out of town. It had about 11 things on the menu, and about 9 of them were meat. I'm not a big BBQ fan, so it was not really great for me. (Good thing I live in the land of BBQ's on every corner, right?) It was more for the experience.
B's choice of sandwich, going with the theme of eat-whatever-you-want-on-vacation. We had to have a detox when we got home with this one. :)
(On a more serious note, my sweet mother-in-law passed away last night. My sister-in-laws wrote beautiful posts about it right here and here.)
2 comments:
Such a big fan of these pictures. Your posts make me miss you and your funny-ness! And also, your baby bump DOES look like a tiny baby bump. So...I'm voting that you're good. :)
BODACIOUS IS THE BEST!!!!!!
Post a Comment