Before I tell you the main part of this post, I must point out that I am not a Twilight die hard like some people I've seen. Don't get me wrong, I think the books are fantastic, but you aren't going to find me going to the midnight premiere of the book at Barnes & Noble. I have read all three books and knew the fourth was coming out sometime in August, but was expecting not to get my hands on the book for a couple months, at least. ( I was just going to wait until I could check it out or borrow it from someone.)
But last night as I was making a grocery run, (Dave was at home w/ B - I was free! For a couple hours, at least) on a whim I passed by our library. It was thirty minutes from closing, but I had just finished a book and needed something new to read. Right as I was about to check out some books, I wandered by the new books area. And there it was on the shelf. Two copies of Breaking Dawn. I couldn't believe my luck as I hurried and put the books I had in my arms away, because there was no way I was going to get around to reading them now. I guess they had just been delivered minutes before I walked in.
It is only a seven day check out book. It is around 750 pages. I'm not sure why I'm even on my computer wasting time. Oh yeah - I wanted to gloat. I forgot. Now I have to get back to my book. And oh man is it good so far.
(Don't worry Lorraine, I plan on letting you borrow it before I return it. If I can finish it by Saturday. After all, it will only take you 48 hours or so to read it. I'm not kidding guys - she's a machine.)
Gotta go.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm going to the library to pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait to hear what you think.
PS. Eights day is plenty of days for two readers to finish that book.
Will and I were at Costco on Saturday. And even though I have lots of friends who were counting down the hours till the book came out, I kinda forgot about it. Then I walked in and right in the front was a HUGE pallet of them. And even though he didn't want me to buy it, he was surprised how cheap it was...like, $12.49. So of course I bought it.
Yes, it is so good. I need it, something to keep my mind off Gabe at school this week.
YOU ROCK!!!!!! I LOVE YOU, SIS.
It was sooo good!!! I finished it yesterday and I'm ready to read it again. In fact, I'm considering reading the whole series again from the beginning!
Bonus of living in a small town. There were plenty of books so I had no worries!!
What!? In the king county library system (ours) there are 860 holds on 284 copies. For real!
BTW, Brandon is a climber and dancer too. Fearless and silly all wrapped up in a very small package. I'm sure he and Bentley would make the best of friends :)
Post a Comment