I am so indescribably happy to have a backyard in my life once again. Years of being in a small apartment with young children will do that to you. I will - also - be forever grateful that the people who lived here before us were such great landscapers/gardeners, because we are enjoying the fruits of their labor. We added a little of our "labor" to theirs - I ripped out all the dead plants out of the already made garden, tilled the soil a little, and planted some veggies and fruits. I didn't want to put alot of money into it because I really have no idea if I have a green thumb or not. Based on what our neighbors across the street told us, the previous owners prepped the soil really well. Our grass seems really green already, so I have high hopes for our little garden.
Yeah for spring tulips!! (Again, thank you previous owners!) Yeah for brother's baseball T-shirts when all of hers were in the wash!!
Yeah for planes to wave at!!
4 comments:
Nice! We had the same setup when we moved in, and it does make it a lot easier to start a garden when someone else has done the hard part! Can't wait to see it sometime!
I know! I love Spring and seeing things growing again. And it is really, really, really, wonderful to have a backyard.
YAY FOR SPRING! i wish we had flowers here!!
Backyards are the BEST! So nice that your garden is set to go too - we've been digging ours out from scratch and I have no idea how it will go either. I'm the queen of the black thumbs, so my goal is to get one tomato on one plant that survives. If that goal is met, I'm happy. :)
Happy Birthday again too!!
Post a Comment