Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blessing weekend

Blake was blessed in church this past weekend. (It was close though. The bishopric almost forgot about her. They remembered after I held her above my head from the back of the church so they could see her blessing dress - it was kind of funny.) My dad came into town on Thursday, Mary & Luke came Friday, and Dave's parents & brother came on Saturday. It was a party all weekend long - it was a huge letdown after everyone left. I'm so glad everyone was able to come, we really did have a blast.


Blake in all her blessing day dress glory. She didn't have her bow on yet, so she kind of looks like a boy wearing a really girly dress. With a bracelet on.



(This family picture of us cracks me up - B is folding his arms for some reason and Blake looks like she is attempting to eat her sleeve.)





We even got my Dad to play the wii with us one night. This picture was taken at about 11 at night - he was a trooper.


This was the only picture I thought to take all weekend, other than the blessing day pictures.


She has this habit of sucking in her bottom lip.


Dave put on her diaper then asked me if her stomach always looked like that. I couldn't answer because I was laughing - it looks like she is wearing a girdle! That is one tight diaper.

10 comments:

The Jessups said...

Beautiful baby and dress!!!

Jody said...

I love that last picture. She almost has the c-toe going on and an expression on her face like, "Uh, Mom? Could you fix this please?"

Durrett Family Band said...

She looks beautiful. We're thinking about heading up to Lubbock next weekend. Are you guys going to be around?

Dave & Chels said...

Susan - YEAH!! (That means we will be in town, by the way.) We would love to hang out with you. I've been missing you guys lately.

Kat Curtis said...

She looked so beautiful for her blessing! And I love the last picture "does her stomach always look like that?" hahaha! :)

Tiff said...

She is so cute and chubby! I love chubby little babies. I'm glad you had a nice weekend with family!

Unknown said...

So cute! Blessing days are always so nice. The Bishop almost forgot about Peyton on her day too. Although we had only been in the ward for a week so I can see how that could happen.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!! Aaron has only changed "2" diapers on Olivia and they were both before we left the hospital, at least he tried.

Chels said...

She's beautiful in that dress. I keep trying to figure out something that Oliver can wear for his blessing but because the brace covers everything but his head I think we'll just being going with a white onesie. He probably wouldn't appreciate it if I put a bow in his hair. ;)

Marissa said...

haha! that is so cute..i lvoe the last picture! priceless....