Friday, September 11, 2009

Baby leggings

I have been seeing baby leggings around and have been thinking I need some for Blake. I finally found some at Target, so I bought them for $10. (Yes, you read that right.) After realizing I had been ripped off, I made up my mind to make some myself. After all, how hard could they really be to make?



Turns out they are super easy. Super easy, as in each pair took me under ten minutes to make.



I'm pretty much awesome, if I do say so myself.


(By the way, the link where I found how to make them is here.)

(Before I go off bragging about my kid, I would like to point out that sometimes I look at blogs and read about mothers who predict all these things about their children when they are 6 months or younger, saying things like, "He's going to be such a swimmer when he grows up!" or, "He kicked so much when I was pregnant with him that he is going to be hyper!" I often think to myself, "Don't all kids do that to some extent?" Sorry to be such a pessimist. I am probably about to eat my words here. )

That being said, I predict Blake is going to be a social butterfly as she gets older. Why, do you ask? I'll tell you:

1)When I was pregnant with her, every time I went to my doctor's appts. and it would come time to hear her heartbeat, she would get all active and start putting on a show. It always delighted my doctor.
2) Whenever she cries, (and isn't just hungry or tired) about 90% of the time you can calm her by just looking at her or talking to her. She will grin and talk to anyone, even complete strangers. It's like all she needs is some good conversation.

3) She has developed this deep belly laugh that has only exhibited itself a few times. The first was when she was in her bumbo on the kitchen table, and we were having a conversation. She just busted up for no reason at all - no one was even looking at her. I don't ever remember B just busting up, ever. Another time it was witnessed was at my last presidency meeting for Relief Society. She slept for the first 45 minutes, and she woke up so I had her on my lap. We just continued to have our meeting, and she busted up laughing. Again, no rhyme or reason. It seems she does it when people are just chatting around her.

Anyway. That is my reasoning for the fact I think she will be very social when she gets older. Hope that made sense to someone else rather than just me.

These next batch of pictures are ones of me trying to get her in her new leggings. She started cracking up and giggling and being all cute. I literally couldn't stop taking pictures of her. So enjoy a dozen pictures or so of Blake.

















6 comments:

The Jessups said...

Adorable!! Good job!!! You can totally tell she and B are siblings. Holy cow! I think there is nothing (and they are often SO right) about predictions. I KNEW Stone was going to be fiesty and active from the time he started kicking. I couldn't have been more right. He's out of control!

Ellen said...

Cute, Cute pictures, I'm taking copies for the refrig.

Robyn said...

Sweet, another project for me to make! Good job.

Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Love it and we are getting into perfect babyleg weather!

P.S. What did you do, use a hot glue gun to stick that bow in her hair?

Derrick and Rachel said...

Chels, Blake is so stinking cute! I love leggings, and now I am going to make some! So how are you? You seem to be handling 2 kids like you've done it all your life...please tell me the secret:) Hope you are well, and I will try calling you soon b/c we need to talk!!

Chels said...

That just gave me the best idea. I'm totally going to make those for Oliver so he can wear them under his brace when it starts to get cold. Don't worry I won't do them in the cute purple material you did. I'll find something manly for him. ;)