But I still wasn't prepared for it. It started just last week, but really hit home in a car ride yesterday. Here is how it went.
(Me, helping B get into his car seat.)
B: "I do it myself!"
(So I let him climb into his car seat by himself, which takes 10 minutes longer than usual because he has a hot wheel car in each hand and can't grip the seat to pull himself up onto it.)
Me: "Do you want mommy to help?"
B: (dejectedly) "Yeah."
(A minute later, pulling out of our complex. B starts whining.)
Me: "What's wrong?"
B: "I want to go that way!" (pointing the opposite way we turned.)
Me: "But we're going this way - to the library!"
B: (Enthusiastically) "Yeah!"
(A few minutes later, as I was flipping through radio stations. B starts whining - again.)
Me: "What, buddy?"
B: "I want that song."
(I turn it to the last station, to a song I'm pretty sure he's never heard before.)
Me: "This one?"
B: "Yeah."
He seems to have an opinion about everything these days.
(Sigh.)
4 comments:
Haha. The car seat independence will come in handy once he gets the hang of it, especially while you're loading a new baby in simultaneously.
Just don't ever forget to buckle him with all that convenience. I did that ONE time and Dean started screaming and crying as if he were going to die if I merely backed out of the driveway without him being buckled. LOL. I'm glad he knows his seatbelt is important, but am I really THAT crazy of a driver?
:o)
LOL LOL LOL! I freakin" look forward to reading your entries, they are awesome, I love the way you write hahaha, I'm still laughing, my day is not coming soon because my son is confused about the english-spanish mix, so he barely says anything now....see... we'll
lol that's hilarious...i'm not looking forward to that stage!
Ya know Ben had started that too! It's like he has his own opinion or something! :) haha.
"Babe I want to watch sports instead."
"We are not eating there!"
"I don't want to go to the store!"
"Let me do that!"
It's ridiculous.
Post a Comment