Sunday, February 22, 2009

He's 2 already??

I can't believe we already have a two year old - just yesterday I remember how strange it was to tell people we had a two month old! His B-day was a pretty low-key day, and he started it off by watching Bob the Builder for the first time. He loved it. (Considering he loves all things having to do with dump trucks/diggers/rocks/all-things-boy...you get the picture.)

Here is the cake Dave fashioned, which turned out waaay better than any cake I could have made. It's supposed to be our jeep, though it kind of turned out to resemble lightening mcqueen. (Note to self: Don't ever use cream cheese frosting ever again to decorate a cake. Although delicious, not very spreadable.)


One of the cutest videos ever, in our humble opinion. (I promise he wears pants...I feel like a broken record. Poor kid.)




His birthday presents which were - surprise - hot wheels cars. Obsessed, I tell you.











Another one of Dave's masterpieces, since we had leftover cake. I think it turned out pretty cool, in a weird way.


One of his presents from his Grandma. She also got him a t-shirt with a train on it, (another obsession of his) and some really cute puzzles. (Of dump trucks, cement trucks, garbage trucks...are we beginning to see a pattern here?)

The next day we were over at Lorraine & Jack's house celebrating baby Jack's 2nd birthday, and B was acting unusually grumpy. We were about to just take him home and put him to bed when, all of a sudden, he projectile-vomited at their kitchen table. Yeah, I would probably be a little grumpy, too! I think it was a moment that every parent experiences at some point - your kid vomiting all over the place somewhere other than your home. Luckily my mother-in-law and sister-in-law graciously cleaned up the mess and let me and Dave go home to take care of our sick child. Thanks again, guys. And happy birthday, Jack. Sorry B rained on your special day. :)
For the past 48 hours, we've been dealing with a sick 2 year old. He sleeps, wakes up to throw up, wants to eat about 15 minutes later, then repeats. At least he's not dehydrated and hasn't lost his appetite. Good thing his 2 year check up is tomorrow. I hope he doesn't throw up at the Dr's office. Poor kiddo.

5 comments:

Nick and Natalie said...

how cute are those cakes, you guys are good!

S. Fantasia said...

"Sorry B rained on your special day..." Haha. That made me laugh, more like PUKED ALL OVER your special day. Poor kid. No fun puking at a party.

Bentley, Dean and Eli could all be the best of buds. All they EVER want to play with at my house are trains, tractors, trucks and matchbox cars. They have a pretty good collection of the Pixar matchbox-style cars too and Eli has to have a lightning McQueen in his hands at all times.

You're getting old, Chels. I can't believe B is 2!! Where has all the time gone. I still remember when you were [trying to] keep your pregnancy a secret. LOL.

Hooray B!

Unknown said...

It is so weird having a two year old. At least to me it is. I feel like, "wait, I have a two year old??!!! I feel like I am still 18!!" Your cake was so cute! I think it turned out perfect! yes cream cheese is hard to frost with. We do fondant over white chocolate or cream cheese so it will look good and still taste good (I don't like the taste of fondant)

Rebecca said...

He is so big! I love the candle video. But did he blow air out his nose to get them out, or just get lucky with the air that came out his mouth? Funny. Congratulations. He is super cute...especially his little conversations.

McArthur Family said...

Jax wears pants 20% of the time, the other 80 he roams in a diaper and shirt, too.