Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We're back.

B & I just got back from an awesome week in Vancouver. (Sorry to anybody who was up there the same time as me...the time just seemed to fly by for us.) It was so relaxing and B was in a great mood all week. He really seemed to have fun. My parents had a lot of fun with him. We shopped a lot, ate lots of food, and just kicked back. Now that I'm in my second trimester I am getting my appetite back, and I'm pretty sure I gained 5-6 lbs up there. I guess it's good & bad - up until now I haven't gained any weight in this pregnancy. All food sounding gross will do that to you.
I have A LOT of pictures in this post. I counted - there are 30. Just so you know. If you don't make it through to the end I won't judge you.



B did great on the planes - all five of them. It helped that we had a whole row to ourselves every time.


So excited for the truck that Nana bought him. He wouldn't let go of it the whole ride home.






I wish we had an IKEA around here. This high chair was great - and only $25. Too bad we couldn't bring it home with us.





Watching a forklift unload some stuff to a neighbors house. He stood there for a good 8-10 minutes.





My dad sporting his vest they wore to an ugly sweater party. If you can't see it, there is lattice at the bottom of it. And the whole thing was fake velvet. Sweet, huh.


What my mom did every night for about two hours. He LOVED it.




He's really into climbing into things, as seen by this picture. And reading.


My dad & I putting up lights in their tree with a super long pole. It took us a few hours because it kept raining and it's hard to look straight up while rain is falling in your eyes. It was our masterpiece.



B had fun exploring my parents yard. He was particularly enamored with these snowmen, (or "no-men" as he puts it) and the deers that lit up. That I didn't take a picture of.



Just in case you need proof Dave is his father.





Oh, how I miss Costco food court. And these chocolate muffins. Yes, we ate this many after four days. I don't even care.



My parents new kitchen. It was so nice.



B was only looking at the camera because we enticed him with a jelly belly. If only that worked for the rest of his life...





His new trick. Hanging off EVERYTHING. Especially my kitchen drawers.



He got into my mom's Tupperware drawer and just climbed into this basket all by himself. What a weirdo.



My cousin Sara came to see us and brought her adorable son, Saylor. Aren't his curls adorable? B did pretty well with him. That bodes well for me.



B reading him a book.


Saylor taking one for the team.



B squeezing his nose while saying "hooonnnk". We were almost peeing our pants.



I don't know how, but my mom got B to wear a hat. It probably helped that it was about 18 degrees outside.




The only complaint I had about our trip was the flight back. I flew from Portland into Albuquerque, and we were supposed to have a 3 hour layover. That layover turned into six hours, and I was about to cry. B is in the stage of running. He ran into the men's bathroom about four times and down a flight terminal once. And he ran through the revolving doors to the luggage area during that time which caused us to have to go through security again. We walked up and down the Albuquerque airport for about three hours straight. FINALLY they told us there was a flight to Amarillo (about 120 miles north of Lubbock) that left in 30 minutes, but we would have to get our own transportation from Amarillo to Lubbock. Thankfully my husband loves us enough that he drove to Amarillo to meet us there. We ended up getting into Lubbock around 12:30am, but that was much better than at 4am which was what my original flight was scheduled to arrive. Oh yeah, and somewhere amidst all that, all my luggage was left in Albuquerque and we will (hopefully) get it later today.

Upon walking into our home that night, I was met with this sight: Yeah, that's a 50 inch flat screen. It pretty much made up for my 10 hour airport experience with a two year old.

(More pictures to come - B will actually be able to unwrap & get excited about his presents this year. And there is, literally, a table full of presents with my name on them. All from Dave. I keep telling him he outdid himself. He says I deserve it after this past semester. It was a long one for both of us.)

17 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like a fun trip except for the airport. I can't believe how big your baby is now. He's a little boy! And I love his hat.

Sara & Saylor said...

Grrrr..COME BACK! It was so fun seeing you and B! I just wish it were longer! I hope that we can see eachother soon! love you! HHHOOONNNNKKK!

McArthur Family said...

I would have cried too! I had flying by myself with kids. I'm sure you'll enjoy that t.v.

Merry Christmas! -Amber

Durrett Family Band said...

Three things:
1. B looks so cute in that hat
2. I love the picture of your dad in that horrible vest. I want to do a ugly sweater party, too.
3. So glad you're back.

Anjanette said...

I can only imagine how much fun your parents had with B all week. If they mom is anything like my mom, she probably still has a tear in her eye!

Gaylene said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Congrats on a new baby. How exciting. B. is getting so big. Abby and I enjoyed looking at all the pictures.

Miss ya

Kendra said...

Fun pics Chelsea!

Andy

Kari said...

Cute pictures Chels! Wish I was home to see you! I love the pictures of B in the hat, he is such a stud : )

PS you have one great husband! :)

Jody said...

Alright (getting into a small huddle) Josh? Lindsay? Could we all give a shout out to is who Mom's FAVORITE grandchild? Hmmmm.....just take a guess.....:o)

Someday we will get B & E together. He's starting to look more and more like his Pop. Serious though, I'm glad you had fun. And really glad Dad had someone to help/encourage him with the Christmas lights.

Unknown said...

Is that the same house as before? If so when I saw the tv in the background of the kitchen picture I immediately thought of hanging out at your house and you telling us all about the TIVO and all of us thinking it was cool you could rewind and pause. Haha do you remember that? Oh, Costco, you poor girls worked your bums off there and then drank jambas with me. What a low income summer. haha.

Melissa Wilson said...

I LOVE all of the pictures, that is the best part of the blog stalking! I'm glad you are back in town because we need to PARTY! p.s. i love the TV, can't wait to wii it!

Mary said...

Hey! I know that you guys don't know when you're coming of how long you're going to be here, but let me just tell you that I miss y'all! And I am very excited to see you when you do come. :)

S. Fantasia said...

Oh man. Airplanes and toddlers DO NOT mix. I cold actually tolerate it with just one but once I added Eli to the mix I realized it is just plain hell. I can't remember the last time in was in WA.

Okay, we are going to get together sometime before these babies are born (or shortly after) and I will bring you your heart's delight of IKEA loot. You just tell me what you want. :o)

* I know you'll appreciate this, my security "word verification" thing was fuuken. LOL. That's just not good.

Alan and Kiersten said...

looks like a great trip! B looks like he had a great time! it made me want to go home for a visit! too bad the airport was such a pain! that sounds rough! glad you made it back safe!

The Ashdowns said...

Niiiiiiiice. We should get our husbands together, I'll bet Vic could learn somethin'. :P I love that picture of you and B in your parent's kitchen, you're gorgeous. We should totally get together after the New Year and have a movie or game night! Merry Christmas!

Chyler and Darlene said...

Chels, I am so excited you are pregnant. And I loved all the pictures of B and I looked at all 30 of them. I can't believe how old he looks, he is such a stud. Tell Jackson hi for me.

Unknown said...

Hello There!
I'm so happy to find you. I'm happy that you are doing pretty well.
Angelica Benson