This is kind of sad that this is the only picture I took with just her and B in in her whole time here. Sorry about that, Mom.
Sunday morning. (Oh yeah, thanks for the dress, Mom. I mean dresses. And all the other clothes you bought for me and my small family!)
My friend from Vancouver swung through Lubbock on her way to Dallas. (I'm so glad you guys are living closer to us now, Mel! You did get to Dallas, right? I haven't talked to you since you left..I'm assuming no news is good news.) She's due in August. Isn't she such a cute pregnant girl?
B is obsessed with balls right now. It's so funny how he says "ball" - it's always said in one pitch higher than his usual tone of voice. (Which we are still getting used to. He can say about five or six different words now, but you have to be around him a lot to know when he is actually using a word. Does that make sense to anyone? He's also starting to repeat words we say. SO cute.) But the word "ball" is always said in his excited voice.(He looks SO much like his cousin Eli in this picture to me, it's scary. What do you think, Jody? Is it just me?)
And one of the greatest things my mom did while she was here...decorated my wall that I had no idea what to do with. Here's a reminder of what it used to (roughly) look like:

Thanks for everything again, Mom. And I mean everything. But that bag of Jelly Bellys you left, on the other hand, is not so great. As long as Bentley has it within his eyesight, he won't do anything but point and wait until you give him one. I have to keep hiding the stupid bag. This morning while I was still in bed and B was running around, (I know, I'm a lazy mom) he brings me the dang bag of jelly bellys, practically jumping up & down until he got one. The bag was open, too. Either he didn't notice it or I have a really patient child on my hands.
Thanks for everything again, Mom. And I mean everything. But that bag of Jelly Bellys you left, on the other hand, is not so great. As long as Bentley has it within his eyesight, he won't do anything but point and wait until you give him one. I have to keep hiding the stupid bag. This morning while I was still in bed and B was running around, (I know, I'm a lazy mom) he brings me the dang bag of jelly bellys, practically jumping up & down until he got one. The bag was open, too. Either he didn't notice it or I have a really patient child on my hands.
Oh yeah...Happy Fathers Day, Dave! (And to my Dad...and my father-in-law!) That totally slipped my mind until I read Steph's blog! (Very cute idea, btw!) Don't worry, I made Dave breakfast & got him cards, so I didn't forget it completly.
5 comments:
I LOVE the wall. Send your mom to my house, I have a couple needy areas.
And about the jelly-bellies...what is it with those things?? Dean is the same way - but he would have brought me and empty bag if it was open. So, kudos to B on that one.
Yep....a lot like Eli. I soooo wish we lived closer, they could be really good buddies!
That's good that Mom had a better time there...good for you too! The candy thing must be Mom's trademark, cuz she ALWAYS leaves that at our house. Only difference is, when it's found by my kids it's gone before I know it's there. They're like buzzards.....they just feed until it's gone.
hooray for mom's coming into town.
...and that dress is totally cute.
which reminds me, my mom's coming into town in two weeks (YES!)
He really does look like Eli. That's fun your mom came for a visit! I said out loud "cute dress" just before I read the part where you said she brought them for you...GREAT TASTE! You looked stunning! And I love the wall Looks good...she's talented! I'm glad you had a good time!Tim is in Texas lots...but I think he's in a different town You'll have to ask him about it. Glad you are all doing great!
Jacksons, looks like you guys are staying plenty busy down in Texas. Dave hope law school is treating you well. You are the man!! Keep having a great summer. I wish we could do some white water rafting. Haha
Kyle Nelson
Post a Comment