Monday, April 28, 2008

Progress.

It's crazy how one day, all of a sudden, you realize you child understands what you are saying to them. Here is the proof: the other day as we were getting ready to leave the house, I was sitting in front of the door putting my shoes on. Bent's shoes were across the room, and seeing as I didn't feel like getting up to get them, I asked B to get his shoes. He then causually walked over to them, picked them up, and brought them over to me.

It's times like these when I realize he not so much a baby anymore, but a toddler.

I'm not sure I like the sound of that.

4 comments:

S. Fantasia said...

That is EXACTLY how I figured out that Dean understood simple tasks like that. That was also when I began asking him to bring me diapers for diaper changes and to throw the dirty ones away. LOL - I figure, if I have to change those dreadful diapers, he should do some of the work, too (besides dirtying them).

Careful with the garbage idea though. They'll put anything in there at first. ;0)

Mary said...

It's amazing how much kids understand even when they can't necessarily express themselves. Or at least that's how I feel about the kids here. I could probably tell my kids just about anything and they'd get it. Whether or not they can make a complete sentence without Chinglish all over it is another question...

Julie Gropp said...

Hey guys!
This is Julie Gropp, David's friend Kyle's wife. I hope you understood that. Anyway, Kyle found this blog address in an old email from David. I love to keep in touch with people this way. Please check out our blog and let me know what you think. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jewel-e said...

Watch out Chels! Before you know if he will be talking back to you! It's fun to see them grow and understand, but sometimes you just wish they could stay little longer!