I read. All I do is read. Oh yeah, and take care of Bentley. I'm not in a position to post pictures either, because all our pictures are on our computer at home and I'm using a friend's computer. (And yes, we are looking into other options for internet access. Yes mom, we will have it by the time you get here. As for a room of your own...sorry about that. Bentley will make a good roomate, he's pretty cool like that. :) ) And since Beth (my cousin) requested a list of books I've been reading, here you go:
The Glass Castle, A Memoir by Jeannette Walls - A book club read, and VERY good. If you ever feel like a bad parent, just read this. It will make you feel like the best care-giver in the world.
The King of Torts, by John Grisham - I've been on a Grisham kick lately, probably because my husband's in law school, but he has a great writing style. He's hilarious, and also explains all the legal stuff in a very easy to understand manner. This book is a good one of his. A worthy read.
The Street Lawyer, by John Grisham - One of my favorites of his. It's about a big firm lawyer who is making big money, and has an experience that leads him to be a street lawyer, working for homeless people who need a voice for free.
The Gift, by Richard Paul Evans - His books are always good, and this one was a great one, too. An easy read, and cute story.
A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini - I'm only a third of the way into this book, but it has been great so far. I've heard a lot of good reviews from this book.
Books that are sitting on my nightstand, that I will read as soon as I'm done witht the former-mentioned book:
Tigers In Red Weather: A Quest for the Last Wild Tigers, by Ruth Padel - You know me and animals...it's my dream. Don't make fun of me. This book probably won't intrest anyone else, and I totally understand.
The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini - I've heard this one is a bit more graphic & disturbing than Thousand Splendid Suns, so I will have to keep you updated.
That is it for now. Hopefully my next post will be from my own computer. I have to go save my friend who is watching her little girl and Bentley all at once. She's a life-saver.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks Chels--I just finished reading "The Ladies Auxiliary" by Tova Mirvis for my book club. It was a little slow at first, but I ended up really enjoying it. I also just read "Monique and the Mango Rain." It's about a midwife in Mali. It was quick reading and very good
I was just writing up some book reviews for January, too. I love reading people's book reviews on their blogs. I really want to read Thousand Splendid Suns. I was moved by Kite Runner but it was a little graphic in parts. I listened to part of it on CD which was cool because it was read by the author. I got to hear how to pronounce all of those crazy Afghanistani names.
Glad to hear from you! Feels like forever since we've gotten together! Hope the internet is resolved quickly. When is your mom coming? How fun!!
I miss you too much! You need internet again!! Thanks for the updates though. I've been trying to read The Brother Karamazov, bu it's so long and it's not really holding my attention, so I'm not really reading anything right now, which is a total shame.
Post a Comment