Tuesday, August 14, 2007

(A lot of) Pictures of our Dallas Trip

These first two pictures have nothing to do with our trip. We just thought they were hilarious. Bentley didn't think so. Look at all those tummy rolls in the first pic!



This past weekend we went to Dallas to see our friends Devin and Steph because we haven't seen them in forever. (Steph was my roommate for two years in college, and Devin and I have known each other since freshman year in college. I like to think I hooked them up...:)) They are in Houston, and Dallas was a good distance for both of us. We stayed in hotels and we went to this awesome aquarium/zoo in downtown Dallas. It looks like we were in a rain forest, when really we were inside!



Cute Dean! He is nine months older then Bentley.



Bentley checking out the waterfall. We were trying with all our might to get him to look into the camera.



There it is!



Little buddies.



Dean patting Bentley's head...




If you want proof Bentley enjoys this, try clicking on this picture and getting a bigger image. He was all smiles!



We went to the natural science museum after the aquarium. I think we had more fun than our kids did. Here is B posing for the camera...



Now he is realizing he is sitting on something with fake fur, and decides to have a closer look...



And proceeds to try to eat it, much to Dave's dismay. EVERYTHING he sees and can get close enough to goes in his mouth. At this age, his mouth is equivalent to our hands.



Finally, a pose where he isn't trying to eat the thing he is sitting on!



The science museum wasn't as great as it was cracked up to be, but Dave and Devin compensated for that by finding an abandoned puppet show area and putting on a show for us. At first Dean was completely terrified, but after a bit he liked it. It was pretty entertaining - if you want to see an actual video of it, check out Steph and Devin's blog on the right side of this page. It will be well worth your while! :)



This was one of the hotels we stayed in. It was really nice. You could see a good part of the city from our room. (Keeping in mind that Dallas is HUGE...)



Bentley checking out the view.



Our pool at this place was super nice, too. I wish we would have got some video of him in the pool - he LOVED it. It was so cute - splashing, kicking, all the works!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute pics!

Ya, the recipe I found didn't mention rice, either, so I did the same as you did. I thought it would be weird to eat it by itself.

Mary said...

Love it! And thanks for sending me the recipe the other day-- it was a big hit with my friends! Did Dave get a bike while y'all were in Dallas? I though one of you mentioned something like that...

S. Fantasia said...

YAY! Pictures. That was such a fun trip and I LOVE the picture of Bentley on the tractor. You should fram that one - what a cutie. You're room is awesome at that second hotel, you should've taken a picture of the pool. Next time we will stay at least one night at one of the 5-star hotels even if it's $300. You only live once! :o)

Heather said...

When were you in Dallas? Please don't say August 11th, because we were in town too!
Heather, Allen, and the kids

Natalie said...

I'm glad you like those! I have them listed in my Etsy store (www.npbeads.etsy.com) but I can just send you a pair, silly. :)