But sometimes, a guy has to spoil himself.
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
And there you have it.
A nice, shiny, new boy toy. When I asked Dave what he is going to tell Bentley when Bentley wants one at 16, he said, "I'll tell him it's an after-mission toy." Surprisingly, I think it's a pretty good looking bike. Weird, huh.
(That car in the background is evidence that I am spoiled.)
This picture looks like I am admiring it, but I was really just wiping off some water with my finger. Bentley looks enthralled.
The other day I put B down for a nap and usually have to listen to him cry for about 10-15 minutes. (We're working on putting him down half awake so he learns how to fall asleep on his own.) I was about to go get him because it had been over ten minutes and he was still crying. I hadn't closed his bedroom door all the way, and sometimes it will swing open on it's own. I was about to go get him when the door did just that. (creepy, huh?) So, the door was open but I was still in the kitchen when all the sudden he stops crying. Thinking I was just going to peek my head in there and find him asleep, I found this:
Completely silent, just watching the door. Then I realized he has figured out that when the door opens, I usually walk in. He was just waiting for me, patiently. I know , I know - we have a smart kid. :)
I just have to do this:
This is your child.
This is your child on drugs.
Any questions?
(And no, he wasn't on drugs. Not in that picture, at least.) :)
2 comments:
Oh no. A big boy toy! There must be something about late twenties/early thirties that make men want to ride really really fast motorcycles (it seems as though ALL of our guy friends are buying them). I loved the "before drugs" picture, by the way. What a cute little boy.
I LOVE the bike! Nice wheels and you do look like you are admiring it, Chels. Haha. Bentley still looks cute, even on drugs - what a guy.
By the way, Dean is the same way when his door opens and now he even quiets if he so much as hears us coming up the stairs.
Post a Comment