I cannot believe that August starts next week! Bentley starts 1st grade in August! And why does 1st grade seem so old compared to kindergarten? That kid is ready for a schedule for sure – I’m not one who sticks to a schedule, poor kid. It’s safe to say he thrives in school, as much as he’d denies it. (He’s getting to the age where kids start to not like school – I knew it was bound to happen. He secretly loves it.)He ended the year on a high note and got the principal's award in his class! A pretty high honor, we were really proud. His teacher and him really got along, we really lucked out in that area. I know for a fact that she was a big reason his kindergarten year was so great. I went on a trip to Utah in June by myself to visit siblings and cousins. It was a much needed trip – who knew a flight could be so enjoyable?? I read the whole time. Heavenly. I was ready to get back to my kids after 4 days or so. Fantastic time seeing my brother, sister, Mom and cousins and their kids that I haven’t seen in years. Other than that trip, we have just been hanging out at home and the pool. Really, is there any other place to hang out in Houston in the summer? Luckily we’ve had a few visits from the cousins and that makes the time seem to go by quicker. Dave found an awesome deal on a big play set for the kids and they have been loving it, humidity/heat and all. Blake got her hair cut for the first time at the hair place I go to. We got to spend a day on the lake, thanks to Dave’s boss inviting us to go on his boat. It was a blast – we love Dave’s boss and his family. We feel really blessed that Dave loves his job so much and the great people he gets to work with. We also got new furniture – a new couch, kitchen table (it’s the one in the pics with the dark top and cream legs) AND an entertainment center. Our house is slowly starting to feel like a home with some nice furniture.
That’s it for now – my bedtime was about a half hour ago. Hopefully I’ll blog again soon! I’ll make a goal of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment