Thursday, August 9, 2012

As I was thinking of how I needed to update my blog more frequently, I ran across my sister-in-laws blog and noticed she was she was going to do a photo-a-day challenge for the month of August. My first thought was, "Awesome! I can do that." That was about 4 days ago. So I made more attainable goal for myself - a blog every 2 or 3 days for the month of August.

So excited to go the pool with mom only, no boys allowed. It was so much fun and eye-opening for me. I was able to focus all of my attention on her and made me realize that she gets kind of looked over by me. I'm just always busy with the baby and making sure the older two are in my vision and not underwater somewhere. Plus, she is full on swimming now. I'm talking swimming underwater to me from about 4-5 feet away. And coming up for air once or twice.

These two love taking baths together. Bristol has moved from just kicking his legs to kicking/lifting his bum into the air at the same time for a maximum splash. If he's going get mom wet, he's going to get her REALLY wet, I guess. It works.


It's sad to say, but I avoid a lot of things that my kids think would be really fun because I don't want to deal with the mess it makes. I know, I'm working on it. This picture is not the norm around here, but they had a blast. They saw me measuring the flour and leveling it off with a knife for a pizza crust I was making and they wanted in on it. B nicknamed it "flour bombs." This scene only lasted for 10 minutes. After I vacuumed it up with my AWESOME new dyson that does carpet/tile/hardwood, I realized it wasn't that much of a big deal. I wouldn't be saying that before I had my dyson. 

And now we're off to the pool, because it is 103 degrees outside, and it's been like that for about two weeks now. Swimming from 3-5 is perfect because it tires them out, we come home and make/eat dinner, take baths, (and showers for a certain 5 year old) watch a little TV then go to bed. Ah, summer days. For two more weeks at least.

2 comments:

Sister Riley Rogers said...

Chelsea!

I miss you and love you guys sooo much! I can't wait until me and my mom get to come up there for Spring Break! It will be so nice to see you guys! Tell everyone I said hi and that I love you and miss you all! XOXO <3

-Ry :)

Lindsey said...

Your kids are so cute. You could never post too many pictures of them!