I know every mom says this, but I am going to be one of "those" moms and say it: I can't believe my little boy is 4! He (seriously) was a baby last week, and now he is getting drinks for himself, telling me how to pronounce different dinosaur names I have no idea how to say, and pretty much becoming all grown up. He requested a Hot Wheels birthday party, and this year was the first year he had a friend party. (He has been sick for his past two birthdays, but that is what you get when your birthday is right in the middle of cold and flu season.)
This picture is so typical of him. I love it.
This picture is so typical of him. I love it.
His cake actually turned out how I pictured it! (Thanks to my husband, that is.)
This picture is classic. All of a sudden she has learned how to smile (if you call it that) for the camera. Then she wants to look at it after you've taken it. Such a girl.
There was a pinata, per Bentley's request.
Lots of candy.
Then it was time for the "Cousin Party". Seeing as this was the first time when we have lived near most of his Jackson cousins, I invited Dave's 3 sisters and their children. At first I just invited them to the friends party, thinking we could just have a big bash with everyone. Then I started thinking about what that would include - 11 cousins, their parents, my children, and the 7 or 8 kids we invited from church and their parents - and I started freaking out a little. Just imagine that chaos for a minute. We then decided to split the day up into two parts - friend party in the morning, then family party in the afternoon. It worked out perfectly.
Blake with her cousins, Ariana and Karen. (Who all look like they have about the same hair color in this pic!)
Blake and her sweet cousin Elijah. (He's doing great, by the way!)
I can't get over how cute she looked in her tutu all day. The white shirt only lasted about 2 hours. I don't know what I was thinking - Cheetos were in abundance that day.
Lots of Hot Wheels tracks going on.
The two birthday boys - Jack is one day younger than Bentley. (Nice face, B.)
All the Jackson grand kids, minus Elijah, Jill and Emily. And 3 more on the way! (That does NOT include me, just to clear up any confusion.)
And in other news: These kiddos are moving in on the street behind us! (Literally) I cannot begin to describe how happy I am. They are our good friends from Lubbock and they got a job in Dallas! Their kids are basically the same age as ours and are friends already. I am so happy I will have such a good friend right around the corner. (It is about a 3-4 minute walk from our front door.)
6 comments:
3 more on the way? Who's the third?
Oh, it's Callie! (Don't worry, I got her permission first.) I thought everyone knew...sorry!
What a fun birthday!
That will be so fun to have the Goochs close by!
WOW! What a party day!
MMMM Cheetos. (I know that wasn't the point of your post, but I read the sentence "Cheetos were in abundance that day" & my mouth started to water & everything else seemed to fade in the background).
That first picture looks so much like Eli it made my eyes tear up, Chels. They have to meet sometime. July, right? :) Miss you.
(Oh, and I may take Blake home with me. And if I don't, then Ry or Meg will steal her, guaranteed)
Wow...I can't believe you have it in you to host two full-on parties in one day. You earn the title of SuperMom for that!! Congrats to Bentley turning four...it weirded me out with Haven, too.
Post a Comment