Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birthday Girl!

Technically her birthday isn't until this Friday, but we celebrated it over graduation weekend when both grandparents were here. I kept trying to think of what kind of presents to get for her, but finally realized that no matter what Dave & I got her that she would always want to play with Bentley's toys. So we left the gift-giving up to the grandmothers. She ended up getting pretty spoiled. It was great.


She was up to something - look at that look on her face as I was trying to prevent her from touching the candle:


This is the picture taken immediately after she touched the freshly-blown out candle wick. Thus all the ice cubes on her plate. Her mini-party was off to a bad start.



Discovering the joys of cake and frosting, and probably wondering why we've never given her this earlier.


This next picture blows me away - she is starting to lose the baby fat and thin out. (As she should - she run/crawls everywhere now. Which, if I remember correctly, is a sign walking is just around the corner. Not really looking forward to that this time around.) She looks so OLD to me in this picture!


The birthday novelty is starting to wear off. We were just trying to get a decent Grandma picture. At least it's a good picture of them.


"Wait...what is this??"




"I get to pull things out of a bag?? Without my brother interfering??"



"And you call this jewelry?"


"Look what I found!!"

"This is one of the greatest days of my life."


"Milka-whaaat?"

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

Already?! Happy birthday, pretty girl!!

Tiff said...

So cute!

Durrett Family Band said...

Totally diggin' the naked headband look. She looks adorable. So excited to see you guys next Saturday. I know I'm always saying that we are going to come soon but we are fully committed this time. It's on my calendar.

Sarah said...

OH chelsea, that last picture cracked me up. THANKS!!!