Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Horse Shoe Bay

After San Antonio, we went to a resort called Horse Shoe Bay. It is right outside of a little town called Marble Falls, which is about an hour away from Austin. It was amazing - we will be going back for sure. It sat right on a lake, but it had a tropical feel to it. There were four pools, and every day there were activities for kids from 9am to 8pm - things like cookie decorating, diving for golf balls, slip & slides, scavenger hunts...it was a blast.






(This was a little area of the lake they barricaded off for kids and shipped some sand in. B loved it because it was only 2 1/2 feet at the deepest end.)





(This was a hot tub, believe it or not. It was awesome.)



(Fishing on the dock at the marina. Didn't catch anything, but at least B can say he's been fishing!)




(This was the view out of our hotel window. The whole place was beautiful.)

9 comments:

The Jessups said...

What an awesome place!! I bet Bentley was in heaven in the sand and water. I know Stone would be. I've never heard of Horse Shoe Bay. Def need to look into it!

Anjanette said...

how fun!

bennettk8 said...

I love how you keep us in touch with your blog. I get up every morning and look at it first thing. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Next time you go there let us know- we'llcomce down and go with you. It looks like so much fun--and so beautiful! Kiss Bentley and Blake for me (and David of course) and have fun with Papa this week. I love you all soooo Much! and miss you more.

Marissa said...

oooh maybe we will go there next year! def going to look into it!

Rebecca J said...

Next time, we want to come. Party!

Unknown said...

That look slike so much fun! I am trying so hard to update more often. I can never think up fun and clever things to say so a lot of times I just skip it. Haha oh well

Melissa Wilson said...

Love the picture of Dave and B fishing, so cute!

Lindsey said...

That hot tub looks so awesome! What a cool place! And the smiling picture of Blake smiling is so, so cute!

Kat Curtis said...

aha! that looks perfect - we'll have to check that out sometime. nice little oasis in texas. :)