Tuesday, August 25, 2009

San Antonio

After we left Corpus Christi, we had some time to kill before we went to Horse Shoe Bay resort. (By the way - that resort was awesome, but the pictures will come later.) We stayed in San Antonio for a few days in the hotel right by the Alamo. Sorry for all you die-hard Texas fans, but the Alamo is totally over rated in our opinion. We had both been there once before and that was enough for us. So although we stayed right across the street from it, we never went inside. Dave did some research and found out that the city of San Antonio has 29 FREE public pools, so we hung out for there most of the time.



Getting so big already.




At one point on our trip, we were on an elevator when another family got on. The woman took one look at Blake and said, "Oh my gosh, she looks just like her Dad!" Ever since she said that, I can totally see it now. Look - they are making the exact same face in this picture!



What he did most of the time when we went swimming - watched all the teen aged kids (and one very talented & coordinated three year old) skateboard.



Had to take the obligatory picture outside the Alamo.


On the river walk. Oh look, what's that? Oh yeah, that's me with a tan. It's been so long, I'd forgotten what that looked like.



Posing in front of our hotel, with our nightly snow cone.

One minute it's all fun and games, just hanging out in bed as a family...



and the next minute it's this: sheer torture. I'm beginning to think that the 3 year old stage is going to be more challenging than the two year old stage.

6 comments:

The Jessups said...

she DOES look like Dave! I totally see it now, too. Fun trip for you guys! Also, I LOVE your stroller. I think I want one just like it! Have you run w/it? Is it hard w/2? I can barely run with Stone anymore, it's so heavy, so I don't know how that will work...

Rebecca said...

You look so good girl. Love the summer dress. It was really fun to visit with your mom a week ago. She told me all about baby and everything. Can't wait to meet her for real!

Jody said...

I said the same when I saw her first pictures. Mom swears she looks exactly like you....whatever (no offense!)

Oh, and I love how B's arm is right over Blake's face in the last picture. Just fyi....that's only the beginning of all the sibbling physical contact over the years. Be prepared.

Brye said...

Hey is that a Phil and Ted stroller or what stroller is that?

Lindsey said...

That's such a cute picture of Blake and Dave making those faces at each other! And also, your blue dress in those photos is fantastic! You look great in it.

Joseph Wilson said...

Love that last one! Priceless! -Melissa