Thursday, June 25, 2009

While Dave's parents were here, we went by the firm where Dave is working & visited their garden area. It is really beautiful - it has a big pond, pretty flowers, lots of shaded areas, and big chess & checker sets you can play. The cool thing about it was that it was practically on top of a building - cars were driving underneath us.

The chess set was a big hit with this little boy.


Then he realized it was a lot more fun to knock them all over,


and this was the end result:No wonder I feel like I am cleaning up all day. What do people do with more than one destructive boy?? Go insane? I would. (I am probably jinxing myself here.)

This is what Blake did the whole time. Hopefully she never gets into the destructive stage, and stays chill & content her entire childhood. (I can dream, right?)




And lastly, the process of trying to get a (semi) good family shot:

Attempting to turn a sleeping infants head towards the camera,
(which, by the way, is a lot harder than it sounds)


no idea what was going on here,


about to call it a day,


Success! The toddler is looking at the camera with a half smile. (The best we were going to get at that point.)

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

They have that same chess set in the Atrium of the Science Spectrum. My kids knocked them all over, and then an older man came over with a stern look and told them not to do that because they might break. They're plastic. He gave me a look which my pregnant self interpreted as, "what do you think you're doing, lady, letting your hooligans destroy things? Get your kids under control in public." I was so offended in my head, I set all the pieces up myself and went to the under 5 room. I thought that place was about exploration. It's good to know my kids aren't the only ones.

Anonymous said...

I love the family pics!! And getting all of you to look at the camera at the same time is no small miracle :) You guys all look so great! Blake is absolutely darling. She looks more and more like her brother!