Here is what we did on Saturday, wasting time until Dave came home.
(You are probably thinking - "Saturday? What was he doing at school?" Finals are next week and this is major study time. Plus, Dave studies all the time - I'm not kidding. Luckily he leaves early in the morning so he can get home in the early afternoon to hang out with us for the rest of the day.)
Washing/vacuuming out the car. While I realize he looks a little special in this picture, I still like it. Look how excited he was to find "Daddy's chapstick!"
Trying to get a decent shot of him in the car. Here he is whipping his face away at the last minute...
Whatever happened for the days that he used to like looking into the camera? Like this picture, for example:
(P.S. - B is going through his share of "terrible 2's". Is it bad that I think most of it is pretty funny? For example, around nap time or immediately upon waking from a nap he will get into this whine-mode where he will get mad at you for looking at him. He says, while crying, "don't see me!" or "don't look at me!" It passes in about ten minutes or so, and you pretty much have to leave him alone and let him come to you when he is ready. Another example is when you tell him to say something, like "thank you, aunt Lorraine", or "can you say please?" and he replies "I don't want to say it!" Luckily, this doesn't happen very often. I guess they have to assert their independence at some point. I'm just glad that these moments just come in spurts, and don't happen all the time. Like I said - I have it pretty easy. B won't for very much longer, though. I'm afraid his world is going to be rocked in about six weeks or so.)
3 comments:
Low key? What is that like?:) If he is good now, you won't have much to worry about. That fact that he still naps seems quite unfair, but we all have our crosses right? J/K. My only idea would be to have a swing for your little girl. I wouldn't have survived this last 5 months without it. There are some days when Gunner is in it way longer than I would like, but you do the best you can. Plus, they sleep a ton in the beginning, so you can still have lots of one on one B time. Can't wait for #2.
You are so good to savor the moments now. The joy upon having a second child is that they don't come out as toddlers...thank goodness! I remember thinking, "I forgot how much babies sleep" probably because I was so sleep deprived with my first that it didn't seem like he slept all the time. Hope the baby comes when you want it too. =)
I can totally help you if and when you feel you need help. Like if you need me to watch B for awhile to give you a break from having both kids. I'm totally freaked out about taking care of 2 kids at once so I understand. I'm excited for you though!
Post a Comment