I found this article while wasting time on the internet. (Is there anything else to on it besides that? Aside from work, of course.) I'm not quite at the stage of hectic-ness as the author is describing, but I am sure it will be my time soon enough.
It almost brought tears to my eyes because it is so true. It's nice to have a reminder that you had kids for a reason. (Aside from the spiritual reasons - I'm not heartless!)
6 comments:
Thanks for posting that, Chels. Today has been pretty rough, and I not only had spit-up on my shirt, but down the front of my shirt. I do try to remember that these days won't last forever, but like she said, it's HARD. Right? :)
That was so good. The other day I told Doug that I was done being a mom for the rest of the evening. The boys had just drained me completely but they were still going full force in their play and discovery and creativity, etc. It's comforting to hear that it gets easier, honestly. I do try to enjoy all the things that I know I will miss like when Jaxon says his innocent little prayers. I should try to enjoy the things that are hard work like putting Jaxon's mattress back on his bed with all the bedding for the 3rd time today.
That's good food for thought. That makes me want to go re-read Pres. Monson's talk from last conference - it seems like he talked about enjoying this season of life? I'd probably better figure that one out! Thanks for passing that on!
I was just going to say what Kat did so I wont repeat, but seriously that is all so true. Think about when you were hoping to get pregnant, anticipating the arrival like it would never come, staring nonstop at a new one and suddenly I have a 2 1/2 year old who talks to me, goes potty by herself and makes us laugh constantly. Crazy how time flies. I am always trying to remember how importatnt our job is as parents to teach good values and the gospel because she wont be under my roof forever.
I couldn't finish reading the article without crying because I am so emotional right now. Last night we went to the ER per the advice of our pediatrician. Joseph has RSV and as i rocked him to sleep I couldn't help but be so thankful for my sweet boy and so grateful that it was just a little RSV, and not something worse. Thanks for the reminder of how good life really is!
I really enjoyed this article Chelsea. Congrats on your girl. I am so happy for you. I have been bad at blogging for a while now, but it is great to see how you have been doing since Christmas.
Post a Comment