Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Our fun trip

Bentley and I took off to Houston to visit Steph & Devin because Dave is at school 80% of the time. It was nice to see them and especially some of the great restaurants Houston has to offer. (Lupe Tortilla...so good.) I was a little stressed most of the trip because Bentley has learned how to shriek, particularly in the car. It hurts the ear drums. Sorry about that again, guys. And Bentley developed a cold and a cough the day before we left, resulting in giving Steph and Dean colds. But Steph and Dev were very hospitable, and Dean and Eli took it for the team a lot. They both slept in the same bedroom, Dean had to give up his high chair, and had to share the car with a shrieking one year old, who was also playing with all of his toys. Eli was a trooper and survived a couple of hits by Bentley. (Is that a one year old thing, or something? It's not like he is strong enough hurt anyone - he just swats. Annoying.)Oh yeah, he also deleloped this independant streak while we were there - wanting to do everything by himself, and if you didn't do it his way, he would throw a fit and shreik. I was pulling my hair out practically the entire time there. Why does he start these things when we are visiting people?? There were good things that occured, lest you think the whole trip was a waste. By the end of the trip, B & Dean were the best of friends. (Go figure, right?) Bent loved having free reign in their huge back yard, equipped with a sand box, kiddy pool, and a sweet play set Devin built. The adults had fun, too - We watched Enchanted twice, roasted s'mores in the back yard, and had yummy homemade fajitas. (Devin is a master at the grill, seriously.) Bentley's doing good at home, so I think he was just out of his element. That, and I think you notice all the little things your child does a lot more when you are staying at someone's house other than your own. I think you put up with a lot more inside the walls of your own home. Thanks for all your patience and fun times, Steph & Dev! Sorry I was a bit of a basket case at times, wanting to lock my child up for hours at a time. (Don't worry, I never did. Came close to it, though...)




Dean seems to be saying, "Um, excuse me - there is a strange kid playing in my sand box."






B took a face plant into the sand box - he looks like Hitler. I think Steph got a full face shot of it.












The first time we turned on the sprinkler, B walked toward it unknowingly and didn't quite know what was sprinkling him in the face. After that, this was the closest he would get to it.












As you could see, the boys didn't wear clothes most of the time.



Exclaiming his joy of being in the pool, apparentley.






Steph was about to turn on the hose, and found these lizards in a fight to the death. I forgot all about these lizards - they are everywhere down there.




Isn't Eli so cute? He is five months. Such a little chunk.






This is one of my favorite pics of the trip. (I hope you don't mind I am posting bare butt pics of your child, Steph.) :)



Steph and I realized, on the drive to the airport, that we never got a picture of us together.

7 comments:

S. Fantasia said...

It was SO fun having you guys. Seriously, you were more stressed about the shrieking than we were (although, that was pretty hard on the ear drums in the car). Dean wasn't an angel either, I think we just have to come to terms with the fact that they never will be. Bummer. Come again anytime, and bring the little shrieker/streaker too, Dean sure liked him and now he keeps asking for him. :o)

I told Dean, "you weren't very nice when he was here, Dean." To which he replied, "Please have bentley, be nice?"

Poor kid. He wants to redeem himself now. Too little, too late - as usual. LOL

Jody said...

Looks like you had fun. Doesn't a back yard make such a difference when you've never had one? Did Stephanie shave Dean's head? He looked different. And what's with Bentley's black eye?

Kat Curtis said...

Hooray for vacations! I love all of the pictures. Welcome home!! I'm sure Dave's glad to have his family back.

Rebecca said...

wow. I didn't know they had grass in Texas. Just kidding looks like the kids had a ball in that backyard. I am jealous. We seriously need a swingset this year.

S. Fantasia said...

LOL! So, I was talking to my mom tonight and she asked why I posted "Deanie-Wienie pictures" on my blog. I was like, "Oh, I tried to be really careful. Was his peppy showing in a picture?"

When I went back to look, I realized Bentley had a full-frontal nudie shot as well. Haha. So, I'm sorry for posting frontal-nudie pictures of your child (and mine) and I took those 2 pics off. In my defense, it was only noticeable when you blow the pictures up. (Oh, and in case you were wondering, my dad DOES NOT have our blog address so no worries there.) I feel bad. Sorry.

And my mom wants to know what B did to get that black eye. I told her that you don't believe in time outs and that you just punch him in the face instead. TOTALLY KIDDING! I told her he's a clutz like Dean was. Poor guy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah- what is with B's black eye? Ah, that child...

Dave & Chels said...

I swear I don't beat my child - he falls a lot these days and it seems his face is the first to hit. I think he fell on one of the legs of the rocking chairs. And Steph, don't worry about those pics. It's not that big of a deal to me!