Thursday, February 28, 2008

Updates

We (amazingly) are getting a very low signal from Lorriane & Jack, so I will write this post as fast as I can because I don't want to lose it. (The signal.)
So, Bentley turned one, took his first steps a day later, and then had a trip to the emergency room. Turned out to be croup, but still terrifying. He's fine now, but that is was anti-biotics will do for a kid. (That, and give him a nasty diaper rash, but that is a story for another time.) My mom came to visit us, but it probably wasn't the best visit for her because she got strep & bronchitus (I spelled that horribly wrong, I know,) while she was here! Sorry you didn't get to play with B much, mom. Thanks for all the new stuff, though. We (especially me) really appreciate it. I hope you get better soon.
We have some great pictures to post soon, from Bentley's B-day cake mess to his crazy, curly hair. It is kind of getting out-of-control long, (people call him "her" or "she" on a daily basis,) but I don't have it in me to cut his curls off! I hear stories of how people do it, and the curls don't grow back. We also have some sweet video of Bentley going down a slide at the park, head-first on the tall & curvy slide, all on his own accord. He crawled across the wobbly bridge, up the steps to the highest slide, got on his tummy and pushed himself off with his foot. (Dave was at the bottom, don't freak out.) It's hiliarious, the kid has no fear. I don't know if that is something I should be proud of or scared of.
I just glanced at the clock and realized my child has been asleep for four hours already, so I better go to bed so I can be coherent tomorrow. I'm kind of going crazy in our apt. because I haven't taken B around other kids for fear of exposing them to what he has. I think five days of being on anti-biotics should be enough for holing ourselves up, what do you think?

4 comments:

Sara & Saylor said...

I think you need to get your own signal so you can post more often and post all these pictures and videos...its rude just telling us about them. ; ) Love you

Melissa Wilson said...

Oh yeah, you are ready to get out of the house! After 24 hours on antibiotics, its go-time. Especially since you've already been sick a few days and stuck in the house before you got the drugs! :)

Jody said...

Chels, I told you he was good after 24 hours. Take the child out for some air, man! And for yourself.

Once you can handle it, give him a haircut. You'll be amazed how much older (and boyish) he'll look!

Sarah said...

just so you know, now that I've told everyone what I'm working on, things are going much faster. Pooh's traveling buddy won't be alone for long.