So, when you look at these pictures and notice that everything is off the ground, (that means no tree this year. I'm not even sad about it, not when I think about the fun that Bentley would have destroying it daily) you will understand why.
These pictures really don't do the decorations justice. I never could get a good angle. Or light.
(Above pic) Dave calls our couch "The Christmas Couch" in this picture. Those were the colors before I put up any of our decorations. I am in love with our couch. You can't see it all, but it is a sectional. It is probably my favorite piece of furniture right now.
(pic above) I couldn't turn the flash off, but the picture is the "O Jerusalem" one of Christ. (Which isn't even a Christmas picture, but I was being crafty. Actually, I guess it IS a Christmas picture, since he's the reason why we celebrate it...)
(Above pic) Left side of bookshelf...
(Above pic) Right side of bookshelf...
(Above pic) The combined product. (I didn't feel like getting a stocking for Bentley this year since we won't be having Christmas here. Lest you think I'm a bad mother, I didn't forget our son.)
And one of my favorite decorations, the counter my mother-in-law made for me. (Thanks Ellen!) I love it so much, I told my mom and my sister about it and promised to put it on my blog so they could see it. It's such a crafty & cute present!
6 comments:
I love the advent calender/blocks thing! I'm so going to try to make one....are the blocks painted or stained?
I think it is just scrapbooking paper that you glue on really well. It is glued on so well it looks like a sticker. And the the numbers are stickers.
OK, the blocks under the the paper looked like maybe they were painted.... She probably got vinyl numbers.
That is cute. Go my mom go!
WHAT A CUTE COUNTER! I had an opportunity to make some blocks like that at an enrichment and wish I would have thought to make a Christmas counter...bummer. They're easy to make though, so perhaps I will make some. :o) Your decor looks great! I love the wreath thing above the O Jeruselem picture. And you say you're not crafty?? Pfft! It looks like Martha Stewart did it.
I'm having block envy! If that is this year's married kids only present I might have to pout about it. Mom's not going to have anything to give me because I'm going to end up making and buying it all for myself while I'm single.
Post a Comment