Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Finally!

This is the bumper crib I've been working on ever since Bentley was born. (He turns 8 months next week. Sad, huh?) In my defense, I've only had a sewing machine for three months or so. I've just been really lazy (and nervous) to finish this project that my mom started. I would really like to say how impressed with myself I am! Honestly, who knew I had this in me? :) Maybe becoming a mother forces you to become crafty. It certainly did in my case.
My mom made Bentley the cute baby quilt with his name on it when he was born. We decided to do a bumper since there was so much cute fabric left. All she had time to do before she left to WA, however, was only to patch the inside part of the crib. Then she left the rest to me. I was thinking at the time, "Yeah, right. That is NEVER going to get finished." Over time, (and having a bumper that didn't match the cute baby quilt in no way whatsoever) I gathered courage & knowledge (Thanks Lorraine!) to make the ties, sew the ribbing on the top, sew the back on, and stuff it. I like to think it turned out pretty cute. Even Dave was impressed! (That is saying something, for those who know Dave and his perfectionist attitude. By the way, that's a good thing to have in Law school.)



(Not really important, but yes, there is a random stain on the blue sheet. No idea where it came from, but it was there AFTER I washed it. Weird.)



And since this blog is all about the kids, here he is at his happiest time - in the morning.

4 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

You are completely amazing.
Dave

Jody said...

Chels, the bumper is darling (and I love the colors), but I have to admit, that is the THICKEST crib bumper I've ever seen! It looks as cushy as some of my kids pillows! Your child will NEVER get a bruise or bumped head while he's sleeping in that crib!

Nevertheless, it's still very cute! Nice job!

Sarah said...

That's truly amazing. It makes me want to make something chels, but what!

Natalie said...

Nice! I love the colors! I'm nervous because I'm about ready to tackle curtains for my kitchen. Maybe because I haven't touched a sewing machine since I was 14. You've given me courage :)