Monday, May 14, 2007

This actually happened to me

Okay, so the title sounds a lot more serious than it actually was. To all the guys, you probably won't feel my horror as much, but I'm sure all the girls who read this will totally feel for me. Here goes: It was about 5:30am, and I was feeding Bentley, sitting on our bed with Dave asleep next to me. I was barely awake as it was, just trying to get the whole feeding out of the way so we could both go back to sleep, when out of the corner of my eye I see something black CRAWL ONTO OUR BED, then quickly crawled back off in the opposite direction. Yeah - terrifying, right girls? It all happened within about 3-4 seconds, but it was big and fast enough to freak me out. I mean, it was on our sheets!! I jumped up, fully waking up Bentley in the process, and put him in his crib and I proceeded to climb on the rocking chair in our room. I watched, (actually told) Dave to strip all the sheets off our bed, look under it, pick up everything off the floor in our room, and we couldn't find it. I HATE it when you can't find spiders, especially in our bedroom. Needless to say, I slept on the couch that night and Dave joined me. I felt safe to put Bentley back to sleep in his crib since I have not spotted any spiders there yet. I'm not sure about how I feel sleeping in the bed tonight... it might be another long night...

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Whoa. I totally feel your pain. And I would be sleeping on the couch, too!!!

Anjanette said...

WOW, where have I been?
I love all the posts & pictures, too!
Ok...so, I can't believe that your baby is three months old. He's adorable. I bet you had so much fun with Dave's family. It's so awesome that his brothers were able to make it to the blessing. When will I be able to get my hands on your little boy?

Anjanette said...

Oh...ps. about the bug or animal or whatever it was....GROSS!!!!! I'm not sure I'd sleep in that bed either.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it was a spider? We've had local visits from ants, grasshoppers......and our favorite, coachroaches!! Yes, they seem to think they have a time share at our house around early summer and try to make themselves at home while I try to keep my 13 month old from being friendly and picking them up! NASTY!!
(poor Bentley...who knows, maybe that's his friend...:o)